Ministère du Conseil exécutif
Transportation Electrification Strategy 2013-2017
Under its Transportation Electrification Strategy, the Government is undertaking several major initiatives, representing $516.1 million in investments.
- Rapidly increase the use of electrical transportation
- Take advantage of Québec’s electrical expertise
- Build the future around a strong and productive industrial network
- Make the Québec State an example to be followed
Transportation Electrification Strategy – cadre financier sommaire
(in millions of dollars)
|Rapidly increase the use of electrical transportation
|Take advantage of Québec’s electrical expertise
|Build the future around a strong and productive industrial network
|Make the Québec State an example to be followed
1. Rapidly increase the use of electrical transportation
- A maximum rebate of $8000 will be offered on the purchase of an electric vehicle for the next three years.
- In total, the government is aiming to introduce 12 500 additional new electric vehicles by 2017.
- A $115-million fund will be established to further encourage the use of electrical transportation.
- A deployment plan will be developed for 5000 charging stations across Québec.
- Québec’s cities will feature electric taxis: an ambitious plan for the “greening” of 525 taxis.
- Montréal’s Saint-Michel axis will become electric: a large new project.
- Montréal metro’s blue line will be extended.
- A light-rail system will cross the Champlain Bridge.
- Montréal will become an electromobility city.
2. Take advantage of Québec’s electrical expertise
- A world-class research and advanced technology institute will be established in Québec: the Institut du transport électrique.
- The government will mobilize the electrical industry to develop transportation solutions for the future.
3. Build the future around a strong and productive industrial network
- More than $220 million will be dedicated to initiatives that build a productive industrial network.
4. Make the Québec State an example to be followed
- Secretariat will be created to coordinate the government’s strategy.
- The government will undertake the progressive and mandatory electrification of its fleet.
- This will be accompanied by the installation of 1000 charging stations near government buildings.
- The government will adjust the legislative and regulatory framework to facilitate the use of electric vehicles.
- The government will implement a promotion and awareness campaign in cooperation with interested partners.
- The government will support municipalities in their efforts to electrify transportation.
Transportation Electrification Strategy 2013-2017 - summary (PDF, 2 pages, 92 Kb)
Transportation Electrification Strategy 2013-2017 - entire document (PDF, 113 pages, 1,37 Mb)
Video (in French)
La version 10 d’Adobe Flash Player est nécessaire pour visionner cette vidéo.
Téléchargez la dernière version de Flash Player.
Pour visionner la vidéo sans notre lecteur Flash,
vous devez télécharger la vidéo sur votre poste de travail avant de l’exécuter.
Téléchargez la vidéo (format MPEG-4).